Menu   List of Essay Topics   Search categories   Popular topics   Học Tiếng Việt qua các bài hát   Help
Use the 'Google Custom Search' below to Search for the essay you want.
Essays search engine Hãy sử dụng công cụ tìm kiếm bên trên để tìm kiếm bài luận tiếng anh bạn muốn tìm!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Honesty is the best policy

Honesty is the best policy.

One fine day, while I was on my way to school, I found a wallet. It was lying outside the lift.

Opening the wallet, I found two hundred dollars and some coins inside. There were some pieces of paper but no identity card. I was tempted to keep the money, but I remembered what my teacher had taught us. She said, “It is wrong to take things which do not belong to us. We should have the honesty.” I scolded myself for harboring such dishonest thoughts. Then, instead of going to school, I went to report what I had found to the neighborhood police.

The policeman was very kind and listened to me patiently. As I was about to finish my story, I saw my neighbor, Mr. Song, walk into the police-station. He looked surprised to see me. After much explanation, we discovered that the wallet belonged to Mr. Song. What a coincidence!

My neighbor thanked me over and over again. The policeman praised me for my honesty and for being an honest boy in the situation. He also called up my school to inform my principal of the incident. I am glad that I had not kept the wallet. Indeed, honesty is the best policy.

Read other essays on Honesty is the best policy:

Article 1:
Honesty is the best policy
A man of scrupulous honesty will not ask whether honesty pays or not. He feels he must have honesty, even if honesty brings him loss or suffering, simply because it is right to be honest and wrong to be dishonest. It is his so-called policy. The proverb 'Honesty is the best policy' is therefore of little use to sincerely honest people: it is really meant only for those unprincipled men who will be honest only if honesty pays, and will be dishonest if they think dishonesty will pay them better or dishonesty in their opinions is the better policy... Read more
Source: language123.blogspot.com

Article 2:
Honesty is the best policy
Dishonesty may earn money, power and success. However, all these stay for just a short time. Dishonesty cannot face the fact itself. Honesty then shines to push dishonesty away. Honesty pays at the end; as a result, an honest man win a place in hearts of people, which make him successful. He can be remembered and respected even after his death.... Read more
Source: essays4free.blogspot.com

Article 3:
Honesty is the best policy
Generally, honesty is the best policy in any situation. Some people are very reliable and they hate those who tell lies for any reason. Other people accept “white lies” when situation arises, even if they usually do not like lying but honesty. Dispite their acceptance of white lies, lying is not a good policy. I strongly agree that honesty is the the best policy in a relationship... Read more
Source: essays4free.blogspot.com

Article 4:
Honesty is the best policy (a story)
Source: essays4free.blogspot.com

Article 5:
Honesty is the best policy
I agree with the statement honesty is the best policy. Everyone, to succeed in his or her life, should follow the policy. Though we can make money by improper ways, it would not give us good status in society. I believe that honesty is the best policy for both personal life and business life. As we go through the history of the great leaders, they all succeed in their life mainly by their life style. They all followed the truth and honesty. Honesty is a good policy in many aspects of our life. If we are honest, everyone will believe us... Read more
Source: thisibelieve.org/essay/

Free English essays P09
http://language123.blogspot.com

* Talk about Shopping Centres
* Describe Singapore science centre
* An interesting place you enjoyed visiting
* My favorite haunt
* when I am angry...
* Talk about your diary.
* Talk about Chinese new year.
* Talk about Mothers’ day.
* Describe a teachers’ day.
* Describe a Sports day.
* Describe your school sports day.
* Talk about an interesting cat.
* Talk about your new neighbors.
* Talk about your neighbors.
* Talk about your home
* Talk about your hometown.
* Talk about your country.
* Talk about your two interesting classmates.
* Describe a popular person in your own age group
* Talk about your new friend